Our Mission, Vision, Values
At Mercy Health Muskegon, everything we do is rooted in our heritage as a faith-based organization and our strong commitment to bettering the communities we serve.
We serve together in the spirit of the Gospel as a compassionate and transforming healing presence within our communities.
As West Michigan's most trusted health partner for life, we will transform the communities we serve. Our faith-based team will continuously innovate to deliver high quality care that is comprehensive, coordinated, accessible and personalized.
We promise to be accessible, to listen intently, and to provide expert guidance that empowers you to take an active role in your health care decisions.
- REVERENCE – We honor the sacredness and dignity of every person.
- COMMITMENT TO THOSE WHO ARE POOR – We stand with and serve those who are poor, especially those most vulnerable.
- JUSTICE – We foster right relationships to promote the common good, including sustainability of earth.
- STEWARDSHIP – We honor our heritage and hold ourselves accountable for the human, financial and natural resources entrusted to our care.
- INTEGRITY – We are faithful to who we say we are.
- We support each other in serving our patients and communities
- We communicate openly, honestly, respectfully and directly
- We are fully present
- We are all accountable
- We trust and assume goodness in intentions
- We are continuous learners
The name, Mercy Health, provides the motivation and focus for service based upon a belief that our work is sacred. We are privileged participants in the healing work of God. As such, our services and interactions with those who suffer from physical, mental, emotional, spiritual ills are in fact acts of mercy and loving kindness.
Our name reminds us that every human person is a recipient of a divine gift of Mercy, a gift that allows us to find meaning and hope even in the midst of human suffering and death.
The Mercy Health logo symbolizes the legacy of the Sisters of Mercy who founded our organizations. The intertwining crosses are reminders of the selfless service, unconditional love and hospitable acceptance we are called to express for all persons.
Our tagline "Your Voice. Our Expertise." represents our belief that the best way for our patients to stay healthy is by exercising their voice. It's why we joined forces to create a better health care system that encourages it. We believe carefully listening to our patients and encouraging them to take an active role in their health care is as important as having access to specialists who use the latest technology.
We are a member of Trinity Health, one of the largest multi-institutional Catholic health care delivery systems in the nation. Learn more >